We sometimes receive calls from customers who are interested in selling their art. Because we are a publishing company and wholesale distributor, it is not our policy to buy back art, whether or not it was originally published by Chalk & Vermilion Fine Arts. However, we can make the following recommendations to help you find a buyer for your artwork:
Work with a secondary dealer. Though we do not make specific recommendations, you can search the internet, using a search engine such as Yahoo or Google, entering phrases such as “secondary art dealer”.
- Consign your art with a local consignment shop or art gallery.
- Sell your art on an on-line auction website, such as Ebay.
- Work with an art appraiser to help find a buyer or other venue to sell your art. Check your local listings for “art appraiser” or “art appraisal services”.
Very occasionally, we will consider buying back a piece that has been sold out for a long time. If you have such an artwork and would like us to consider this, please send us the following information, either by regular mail or email. Your request MUST include the following information in order to be considered:
- A photograph or JPEG digital image of the front and back of the artwork
- A complete description of the artwork: artist, title, size, year of publication, physical condition of artwork (be specific about any damage)
- A copy of the Certificate of Authenticity
- And most important, your asking price
We will evaluate your offer and get back to you; please be aware that this process may take up to 8 weeks. We regret we cannot return photos or other information.
To send this info via regular mail please use this address:
Chalk & Vermilion Fine Arts
Attn: Art Resale Department
55 Old Post Road #2
Greenwich, CT 06830
To send via email, send info and JPEG image to: firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top